ServiceSpace's Summer Internship is a space for high school and college students to engage in service, deepen in values, and nurture the conditions for inner transformation.
It all started some summers back, when young minds asked how they could be of service. They circled up with a team of mentors and dove headlong into a curriculum that spanned weekly readings and videos, daily practices, dialogue via video conference calls, and simultaneously rolled up their sleeves to volunteer on resonant projects -- from graphics to writing, filmmaking, tech, web research, and beyond. Over the years, an array of youth have flowed through, and we've fallen in love with all that unfolds -- from 30-day Kindness Challenge adventures, trackable 'smile cards', inspiring filmmaking, surprising parents with breakfast in bed, gifts of lemonade to strangers, interviewing community role models, learning to meditate, and many disarming moments of generosity.
More stories from our 2020 summer internship: Six Lesson from our Summer Interns.
The Summer Internship Involves:
- Dates: Late-June to Mid-August (TBD)
- Commitment: 20-30 hours a week
- This includes attending a community meditation circle virtually every Wednesday from 6:30PM - 8:30PM
- You'll need wifi :) (Meetings and group work will take place virtually.)
- Concrete web or editorial work with ServiceSpace projects
- Designing and implementing service projects
- Personal practices like meditation, acts of kindness, gratitude, and more!
- Weekly 90-minute group call with all interns and mentors
- Weekly 90-minute 1-on-1 call with your mentor
- Daily calls with other interns.
- Learning engaging content via weekly articles, videos, and books of your choice. (Interns read and discuss one book a week related to the values of generosity, kindness, service, mindfulness, simplicity, resilience, etc.)
- Community, friendship, and opportunity to meet many service-hearted role models.
How to Apply: Submit the form below to let us know your intent. Once we receive that, we'll send you the full application form.